WorthyKids/Ideals is currently accepting submissions for our children’s publishing program and for publication in the annual Easter and Christmas editions of Ideals. We encourage you to review the content and submission guidelines below.
WorthyKids/Ideals publishes fiction and nonfiction board books, novelty books, and picture books for children ages birth to 8. Subjects include inspiration/faith, patriotism, and holidays, particularly Easter and Christmas; relationships and values; and general fiction. Board book manuscripts should be no longer than 250 words. Picture book manuscripts should be no longer than 800 words.
The Ideals annual welcomes the opportunity to review your poetry or prose for possible use in our magazine. Please familiarize yourself with our magazine before submitting.
Our current issues include Easter and Christmas. You may submit for any theme at any time, but submissions for a particular issue are generally selected 6 to 8 months before publication.
- Poetry: Both metered verse and free verse are accepted. Nostalgia is an underlying subject of all Ideals issues; subjects should be optimistic. No more than 5 poems per submission.
- Nonfiction: Editors are looking for cheerful, nostalgic articles about “the good old days,” upbeat personal experience essays, humor, and inspirational articles. No political or social concerns, please. Length should be 800 to 1,000 words. No more than 2 selections per submission.
PREPARING THE MANUSCRIPT
- Editors will review complete manuscripts only; do not send query letters or proposals. Previous publications, relevant qualifications or background, and a brief synopsis of your manuscript may be included in a cover letter.
- Please send copies only—we cannot be responsible for your original manuscript.
- All submissions should be typed and double-spaced.
- Include your name, address, and phone number on every page.
- Do not include art or photographs.
- We do not accept digital submissions via email or other electronic means.
6100 Tower Circle, Suite 210
Franklin, TN 37067
WHEN WILL YOU HEAR FROM US?
We will read your submission as quickly as we can, but please be patient as we are a small team. Due to the high volume of submissions, we respond only to manuscripts of interest to our publishing program. All other manuscripts will be recycled. Due to the number of submissions we receive, we cannot discuss submissions by telephone or in person, and we cannot provide detailed editorial feedback.