Ideals Publications is currently accepting submissions for the following imprints. We encourage you to browse our website to familiarize yourself with our list.
We do not accept submissions by email or on computer disk. Please see guidelines below for preparing the manuscript.
Ideals Children’s Books publishes fiction and nonfiction picture books for children ages 4 to 8. Subjects include holiday, inspirational, and patriotic themes; relationships and values; and general fiction. Manuscripts should be no longer than 800 words.
CandyCane Press publishes board books and novelty books for children ages 2 to 5. Subject matter is similar to Ideals Children’s Books, with a focus on younger children. Manuscripts should be no longer than 250 words.
Ideals magazine welcomes the opportunity to review your poetry or prose for possible use in our magazine. Please familiarize yourself with our magazine before submitting. Sample issues (past issues) of Ideals magazine are available for $5 each, paid in advance by check or money order to Ideals Publications, mailed to “Attn: Author’s Department” at the mailing address shown below.
Our current issues include Easter and Christmas. You may submit for any theme at any time, but submissions for a particular issue are generally selected 6 to 8 months before publication.
- Poetry: Both metered verse and free verse are accepted. Nostalgia is an underlying subject of all Ideals issues; subjects should be optimistic. No more than 5 poems per submission.
- Nonfiction: Editors are looking for cheerful, nostalgic articles about “the good old days,” upbeat personal experience essays, humor, and inspirational articles. No political or social concerns, please. Length should be 800 to 1,000 words. No more than 2 selections per submission.
PREPARING THE MANUSCRIPT
- Editors will review complete manuscripts only; do not send query letters or proposals. Previous publications and relevant qualifications or background may be included in a cover letter (optional).
- Please send copies only—we cannot be responsible for your original manuscript.
- All submissions should be typed and double-spaced.
- Include your name, address, and phone number on every page.
- Do not include art or photographs.
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope or email address for reply. If you wish to have your manuscript returned, please include sufficient postage on your return envelope. Unaccepted material with insufficient postage on the return envelope will be destroyed.
- We do our best to reply in 3 to 6 months.
6100 Tower Circle, Suite 210
Franklin, TN 37067